Wednesday 11 May 2011

My before military life list

One of (in my opinion) the most interesting films of all time is the movie 'Bucket List', which tells the story of two terminal cancer patients living out their dreams in the final months of their lives, and learning a few important lessons along the way. Now everyone has a list of things to do before they die, but I have another list on my mind.


As many people know, I intend to join the military. Now this will be a completely different change of lifestyle. Sure it will be adventurous, but at the same time, I will be leaving a lot behind. Add this fact to all my friends going off to university shortly, and I do not leave much time before my changes hit. So I have a small (well... sort of) list of things I wish to do before my life changes forever. Some things, I have already done, and others may soon be added. So ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Mathew Willis' 'pre-military list'

-Go to the south coast on holiday. Now this may seem like a simple one, but several places there are very special to me as they are a large part of my childhood. Places like the fossil cliffs of Lyme Regis and the ww2 fort at Weymouth beach. I wish to go there again before my military days begin

-go airsofting. it would be nice to have a bit of warfare where it’s not too bad if I get hit

-re live the old days with Hamlyn. Me and him would always have the same Friday routine in primary school. We would go to the oasis leisure centre and go swimming for an hour or so, go home to dairylea lunchables and just chill on the ps2. We have to do that again, for old times’ sake.
-eat a triple fried egg sandwich with chilli sauce and chutney...damn you red dwarf

-Go around the museums at London. another childhood past-time of mine

-at least get half-way through 'to begin, end'

-finish reading 'Dracula' and 'the adventures of Sherlock Holmes' (yes, soldiers are allowed to be cultured)

Seeing as it is now 2:47am, that is all I can come up with for now, but I may find more in the future. Any suggestions are welcome
This is Mathew Willis

Signing off

3 comments:

  1. Great idea man!

    How about "Drink an entire glass of flamme blanc"? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right about evrything there exept maby eating a triple fried egg sandwich with chilli sauce and chutney, arr breath anyway (do thay tast good proberbly not but also wright this measege and press send all "you have been deskeverd flee" i herd about somone elce doing this, most just texted back saying what but 2 of them disapeard. ha ha ha (works even better if thay dont remember u)

    ReplyDelete