Thursday 9 September 2010

What is my species coming to?

It is often claimed by scientists that the human race is the most intelligent species to ever grace the planet. After all, we have unlocked the secrets of our planet and performed amazing acts. But as I progress through life, I see myself doubting this statement more and more. Our species' intelligence seems to be failing us. And if you want proof, although I’m sure you can all think of a fine example of de-evolution, you need look no further than the news.

One prime example that I have been following is the case in Florida of Pastor Terry Jones. In memory of the attacks on the United states, he planned to burn a large amount of the Muslim holy book; the Koran. Now this has foolishness in its own rights. Firstly, though it is true that the men who boarded and hijacked the aircraft were Muslim, it does not mean that every Muslim on the face of the earth was in on the plan! That's like saying that all white Christians lynched black people in the 1960s, or saying that all Germans are Nazis. Secondly, the fool did not realise the repercussions that burning a holy book would have on the Islamic community. If anything is likely to cause more Muslims to join the cause of people like Osama Bin Laden, then ritually burning their holy book is it. People may say "well if they burned a load of bibles, we wouldn't do the same". Well that is because the arsehats who would say that do not understand the principles of Islam. Muslims, by their religious laws are a peaceful people, except under one circumstance: when defending their faith. Now I don't know about you, but burning a load of sacred text, so special that English translations are considered false, and therefore all Islamic children learn Arabic, seems a bit like an attack. This of course would result in an increase in terrorist attacks on the west and therefore more innocent lives cut short. Had it gone ahead and anyone I knew was hurt as a result, I can tell you, that Pastor would be getting a little visit from yours truly to explain just how much of an idiot, no, imbecile he had been. Thankfully, he did eventually see sense and called his little event off. But this is far from the end of my rant...

Now when I saw that the event had been called off on MSN news, I breathed a short sigh of relief. 'it's good to see that brain cells have finally kicked in' I thought to myself, only to be bought back into despair. Now anyone who knows MSN news knows that people leave comments. Now I occasionally read these, just to see what people think...and I was mortified by what I read this time round:

#1
09 September 2010 22:09:19


Wimp, you buy a book you own the book, you wanna burn the book thats your call, afterall in this financial climate you would have thought that the muslims would be greatful for the income from the sale of 200 books.

You didn't see the western world calling for the death of muslims when they burned a few hundred copies of Rushdies crap book did you ?
ReplyReport Abuse
simmoncowel#2
09 September 2010 22:11:59

Fcuking chicken

ReplyReport Abuse
Brucetg#3
09 September 2010 22:12:26
Well, I will still burn mine."
Upon reading this...I was gobsmacked. Are people really this ignorant, this intolerant, this...foolish? Now before anyone thinks me naive, I am aware that a lot of people don't give a shit about the rest of the world, but come on! this is downright ridiculous! This kind of intolerance is just plain pathetic! In many ways, seeing people be this stupid is good for me, as it shows me what happens to people who make stupid decisions or are too thick to think for themselves. I do hope that by reading this, you learn from their foolishness, and that you see, as I do, Just what some people are beginning to lower themselves too
This is Mathew Willis
Signing off
Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment