Thursday 23 September 2010

A constant encounter with my greatest foe...

Human emotion, such a glorious thing is it not? The main trait that sets us apart from the apes in the Amazon is our ability to feel, to think and so on. And yet, this gift is not all positive, as it also forces upon us darker emotions, such as jealousy, hatred and despair. I myself have been locking horns with one such emotion as of late, but not one that many would first think of as overly bad. I of course refer to my greatest nemesis...Boredom.
About this time last year, I was settled into my second year at Cirencester College. The courses I took there offered me things to think about. Chemistry taxed my brain, History sparked my interest, and Public services concentrated on my physical side. All was well. Though as usual things buzzed around in my head, the usual concerns and worries, but all the College parts kept those nicely suppressed. It was all going so well until results day, but then, College finished. I thought it would be fantastic once I got out of education and into the real world, but my truth is proving far different.
I have three good days a week and two good nights. On Mondays and Thursdays, my job at Laser-quest keeps me occupied with various tasks, and my need to impress on my three month trial means that any...shall we say, irritating thoughts. Most Saturdays I go and see my Dad, which again, gives me something to do. And of course, Monday and Friday nights, I put on my uniform and trot down to cadets. But that's all I have to do in the week. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Sundays, and Friday in the day time are all completely blank, leaving me very little to do.
Now normally one of my cure's for boredom is writing, but lately, I am experiencing some serious writer's block, and just can't seem to think what to write in 'Devil inside'. I also am unable to work on 'Anonymous' as those I have sent the second draft to have not given me feedback (to anyone reading this I have sent it too, yes that was a hint...please =D). All my video games have become old and dull and I think I’ve watched every move I own (at least twice).
Now there is a major problem with being bored. Remember I said that there's crap floating around up in the old grey matter. Well what that involves is regrets, past failures and all sorts of other negative garbage...and guess what happens when I get bored? Yep! I start to think, something that should really stop happening. Which means is reflect on this crap. I admit there are certain parts that have since disappeared, but there have been one or two fresh additions as well, which for obvious reasons, will not be said unless I actually want to talk to someone about them...fat chance.

I have to say...and bear in mind I never thought I would say this: I really miss college!
So yes all those at Cirencester College doing a third yea, it would appear that you are not all as insane as I believed you were. I was wrong and I admit it. I do not admit that often so don't get used to it.

Anyway, that's my ranting over for another day at least. Again, if you have soldiered on to this point, I am impressed. And for those people mental enough to follow my blog and read all my posts, you guys(and girls) need medals. But unfortunatly I don't have any at the moment so I must apologise.

This is Mathew Willis

Signing off..

1 comment:

  1. Man, boredom does suck balls. Considered asking LQ for more hours? It's what I did with Skechers, and they were happy to oblige. More hours means more money, right? :P

    ReplyDelete